Wednesday, April 11, 2007

the killers

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Nosebleed seats again at The Killers concert and a necessity to sneak into decent seats; task accomplished (hence, the center angled pics).  The concert was good since The Killers is one of my favorite bands, but the sound was on and off lousy.  It was a downer when the first song played, Sam's Town was a bit muffled.  It is a shock to have sound problems @ The Staples Center since the venue is new.  Throughout the concert they weren't able to fully fix the problem, and they also butchered When You Were Young.  They did redeem themselves by performing When You Were Young again during the encore.  Overall, it was a good concert, I mean Brandon sang well, everybody played their instrument well too.  I hope they come back and perform again in the westside.

I am half way with the 5th book of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and everything just gets complicated and more interesting.  I am enjoying this book as much as the others.  Since HBO has been free this past week, I manage to catch the movie Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.  I was disappointed because it was inaccurate.  For example, Dobby was the one who gave Harry the gillyweed, not Longbottom and Crouch is not the head of the Ministry, it is Fudge.  The house elves were not even represented in the movie!  It is lame to change important details and write off other characters.  Nevertheless, I did like the movie because the graphics were good and the setting was just perfect of what I imagined Hogwarts to be, even a better depiction.  The actors were brilliant as well!

No comments: