Tuesday, April 24, 2007

italian lunch

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Woo hoo!

Jill and her bf have been so welcoming and have been entertaining me for my stay here.  Last night, I finally got a chance to go to a bar and enjoy some Italian beer.  I am not a beer drinker, but wanted to try the beer in Italy.  The bar was in a tourisy area, but I welcomed it because I needed to experience a bit of night life in Florence.  I was surprised there was a lot of people outside taking a stroll or enjoying a glass of wine and beer in a bar on a Monday night.  One of these nights I must try to go to club err something and dance the night away.  It was nice to finally meet Tommy and his friend.  I felt like a moron because I could not speak Italian.  I just get too shy around people to speak the language, and I tend to get nervous and forget all the verbs I know.  I have been practicing with a Peruvian classmate who only speaks Spanish during our coffee breaks.  If I can't express myself in Italian, well my bad Spanish is helpful in getting to communicate with her.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Piazza della Repubblica

Today, I was invited to have lunch with Jill and her Italian family.  I had an amazing meal!  I have been eating like a poor student, sandwiches and greek salads (my speciality).  Tommy's grandma cooked lunch for us and it was very traditional.  We ate pasta with sun dried tomatoes, then salad, fruit, and coffee with biscotti.  I had such a great meal!  Tommy's grandma was such a cute lady and was worried if I was full; omigosh, I was stuffed!  It was a nice lunch indeed.  Afterwards, just walked around the barrio and went to Piazza della Repubblica to do some homework and practice the italian language.  It was a chill day indeed! 

No comments: