Wednesday, April 18, 2007

firenze arrival


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Cezanne exhibit Palazzo Strozzi

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
View of my barrio from my room window


I finally feel adjusted in Firenze (Florence), but still suffering jet lag!  I keep waking up 3 hours later and I simply can't get back to sleep.  I still have a lot of energy to walk around the city and explore it's beauty; it must be the coffee.  My experience so far has been mixed with emotions.  At times, I pinch myself in disbelief that I am here, and surviving on my own, but at times I miss everybody back home and want to go home.  Being homesick will pass and most likely I would not want to leave.  I have been keeping myself busy by walking around the city and just taking some random pictures.  Yesterday was a full day since I went to see the Cèzanne exhibit at Palazzo Strozzi.  It was an interesting one since some of these paintings have not been in one exhibition because they are displaced all over the world and some are private collections.  It was a treat to see some great art.  There were also showcasing other Expressionist artists and Van Gogh was represented.  During the night, I had a 3 course meal at Casa Di Dante già Ristorante with my classmates.  I was so stuffed because my usual meals consisted of tuna sandwiches and greek salads, not 3 courses.  I am in a less than 40 dollars a meal day plan.  The meal was not typical Florence, but they served authentic Italian dishes.  I have yet to enjoy some bowl of soup, which is what they are famous for. 

No comments: