Thursday, March 22, 2007

mat kearney & then block party

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm currently on jury duty this week and luckily I haven't been called in.  I manage to catch 2 concerts this week (woo hoo).  Monday, I saw Mat Kearney at the HOB and was impressed with the venue.  The sound is good and I always luv intimate shows than stadium size extravaganzas.  Mat Kearney was okay; he was a bit boring on some of his songs.  I don't understand why he raps his songs.  I guess it his style, but "Nothing Left To Loose" is very different from the others.  Kearney seems to be experimenting and trying find his style.  Overall, I like the show, especially the cute guitarist/back-up vocalist Tyler.  He's a hottie!
Tuesday, I saw Bloc Party @ the Wiltern and was just amazed of how good they are.  They have great presence and got the crowd moving; everyone sang along to the songs and just had a good time.  The year is starting out well with Bloc Party and I can't freakin wait for The Killers @ the Staples Center next month.  The 2nd album Sam's Town  has some good sounds and quiet different from their 1st album Hot Fuss.  I like Hot Fuss better though.  Excited!

I finished book 3 of Harry Potter, in good time since I have been busy finishing up my applications for Moorepark College and LAVC.  The Harry Potter books are addicting; I mean I couldn't put book 3 down.  I remember back in Spain people were reading  the spanish version of  Harry Potter The Order of the Phoenix in the metro.  It was the same craziness as the Da Vinci Code, where  I saw someone reading the book at my sister's graduation.  I hope to finish the 4th Harry Potter book by early April, so I can read the 5th book on my long flight to Italy.

No comments: