Sunday, March 4, 2007

magritte

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The last weekend to catch Magritte and everyone seems to be rushing to see the exhibition. My sis and I almost lost our chance to see his paintings since the last show was sold out for the night. My sister was ready to become a member and pay 75 bucks and then we would have the tickets for two to go in. I swear LACMA makes any excuse to take your money. I manage to ask two girls (looked like art students) if I can buy their used tickets. We were willing to pay the full ticket price, which was 17 dollars each, but she asked only 10 bucks for 2 tickets :). Woo hoo! We were able to get the audio tour, which is a plus when your in the mood for the commentary from various art phucks.
The highlight was the set design of the gallery. The floor carpet was made of cloud designs and the ceilings were pictures of freeways which made me feel like I was in a surrealist painting. We got to see all of his famous paintings like "This is not a pipe." The Treachery Of Images and Times Transfixed. One art professor from the audio commented that Times Transfixed was about a sexual act between a man and woman where the woman represented the fireplace and the man, well the train. It is absurd to think a train and fireplace as sexual things, he must have been horny err something. Tomorrow is the last day to see Magritte and then farewell.

No comments: