Thursday, May 3, 2007

busy week

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This week has been busy!  It all started Sunday when my Dutch friend Anna and I decided to venture out in Lucca.  Lucca is 2 hours away via train from Firenze and it holds one of the most preserved medieval cities.  It even has a fort which protects the city.  You can walk one revolution and practically see the whole city in an hour or so.  I saw a cadaver of a Saint which was a surreal experience.  My friend Anna said they have one at Pisa, so for sure I will check that one out too; the cathedrals are amazing there also.  It was just nice to get away and see something different.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
On Tuesday, I trekked out to Cinque Terre with Jill and her bf Tommy.  Oooh, I had so much fun because we are all chill type people.  It has been raining this whole week and to have Tuesday with no rain (well, except at the end) was a relief.  I even got sunburned from my back.  I was wearing a black and white striped shirt and was surprised the sun's rays penetrated through it and burned me!  The path started out easy and the book said it would be a leisure walk.  There is no such thing as leisure to me since there were steep steps and hills to walk through.  The book said the hardest trail was the last one that would lead you to Monterosso (the last village).  It was a fulfilling experience to walk on the cliffs and have an amazing view throughout the entire time.  In the last village, I ended up chillin on a beach chair and they swam, which I was so jealous!  After a strenuous hike, It would have been nice to swim and feel the nice cool water.  It was good times.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Today, was a great day as well.  I had another Italian lunch with Jill and her Italian family.  It was so good to have a 2 course meal with fruit as dessert and coffee with biscotti to end the meal.  It is good to be in Italy!  I also biked around Jill's neighborhood which was scary as hell, but definitely fun.  Of course had coffee with a design on the coffee foam, it made my day.
I am off to Venice tomorrow and have not even packed up my things, so I will be busy tonight.  It will be some good times ahead since I'm meeting up my sister and damn, I am going to Venice! Ciao!

No comments: