Monday, May 21, 2007

back home

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I just arrived home and happy to be home with the fam. and bf.  Before heading back to the States, I did make a weekend trip to Amsterdam.  The trip started out sour because both of my luggage were held back in Florence for unknown reasons.  I never had a "left luggage" experience before and I was super pissed because on the last minute I decided to turn in my carry on luggage en route to Amsterdam.  The carry on luggage had all my clothes for the weekend.  The next day, I was able to get my luggage, which were rotating on the belt for anyone to snatch!  I was happy I opted to pick it up rather than somebody dropping it off to the hostel because I needed my clothes pronto, and I wanted to feel I had more control of the situation.  Even with mishap with my luggage, I still found Amsterdam to be one of my favorite cities.  It has a lot to do with the liberal attitude towards lawmaking and it reflects the bohemian lifestyle which I fancy.  Amsterdam is not all sex and drugs; the city is beautiful.  They have neighborhoods with picturesque canals and amazing architecture that makes walking enjoyable.  The number one mode of transportation are bicycles, so I did have a go at it on Saturday and had an amazing time.  The make up of the streets caters to bike riders so riding a bike is relatively safe.  I tried bike riding in Florence and was scared for my life!  In Amsterdam, I sometimes witness many people give way to a person riding a bicycle.  I will post pics soon and share my Amsterdam adventure.
Since I am back home, it is time to face the real world and reacquaint myself with my activties of daily living.  I already start work on Wednesday and she has me working this weekend.  Yes, life is getting real right about now.  Ciao!

No comments: