Saturday, March 12, 2011

artsy cabo san jose

The last day of our short trip to Cabo was some shopping around Cabo San Jose city.  It's a short walk from my parents time share and it's such a cute little city with a french cafe, jewelry stores, artisan shops and art galleries.  We manage to spot my favorite mural of fruits and random art on the walls we saw 2 years ago, still intact with vibrant colors.
Me and my sister, Lizzi
IMG_1845IMG_1846
The French Riviera is the french cafe where we enjoyed some cafe con leches and yummy croissants on the day of my birthday 2 years ago.  Our second time around, we only manage to enjoy some pastries to go, but the great memories of enjoying some coffee and pastries in a french cafe in Mexico, oh so random.
IMG_1835IMG_1834IMG_1830IMG_1831
Here is me holding a handmade plush toy owl and other zoo animals below at a street vendor.
IMG_1848IMG_1827
These are random galleries and art boutiques around the streets of Cabo San Jose.  It was great to walk around and window shop.  My eyes were always capturing a mural here and there; I also enjoyed seeing the hand painted signage throughout the different stores.
IMG_1839IMG_1842
I love the vibrant blue paint of this cantina and the use of font style too.  While my sister was deciding in purchasing a shark tooth necklace, I quickly captured these cute little hippos when the gallery owner was not looking.  I didn't know the little girl was a shop keeper too and quickly ran to the gallery owner and told on me.  Whatevs!
IMG_1841IMG_1838IMG_1840IMG_1843
I truly enjoyed my time in Mexico and I am looking forward to my next visit 2 years from now.  Until then, I will cherish all the memories of Cabo San Jose.

No comments: