Wednesday, November 10, 2010

mi bolsa

mi bolsa

 I love contributing to my favorite flickr group, What's in my bag? It's one of those voyeuristic things and I like to share and also love to see other people's belonging in their bag as well. This will be my 3rd post. So far, I have been fanatic with Hello Kitty. I never liked the Sanrio character when I was growing up because she was too pink and girly. In college, there was feminist article I read about Hello Kitty not having a mouth to voice her opinions.  According to the feminist, Hello Kitty is a cute thing that doesn't speak her mind and  shouldn't be praised by young girls. I was so upset at about the article because there was some truth to it and disliked Hello Kitty even more. The kat grew on me and now she is an icon.  I still find it disturbing why she doesn't have a mouth though, but at least she is not so pink. But since I read her story, Hello Kitty is one metropolitan kat. Here is Hello Kitty's story, Hello Kitty was born on November 1st and she lives in London, England with her parents and twin sister, Mimmy. Her hobbies include traveling, music, reading, eating yummy cookies, and best of all making new friends.

2 comments:

sisters in black frocks said...

cute, who knew hello kitty was english?

aminosea said...

neither did i. i purchased a plush toy at target and the tag was showing her history.