Wednesday, December 12, 2007

a friend visits

cle & me colorado sunset
gum drops nice hair
An old travel friend I met while living in Spain visits me en route on her North American adventure.  Cle will be in the States for 4 months to work part time, save some money and try to see as much of America as she can.  Our schedules worked out pretty well since my break from school started today, and I wasn't going to work until Wednesday.  Since a car is a necessity in L.A. (even going to a supermarket), I had to show her the Getty museum for some great views of West L.A. and 3rd. Street Promenade for some ocean air.  I always seem to forget L.A. is ridiculously congested on the freeway, side streets, back alleys, gosh everywhere that most of our time was spent on the road, from point A to B.  I drove from Santa Monica to Hollywood and Highland in one hour and 30 minutes.  Crazy!  It was draining to drive bumper to bumper in a 5 speed civic.  My left foot hurts!  With all the crazy L.A. traffic, It was great to see an old friend and show a bit of L.A. along the way.

No comments: