Monday, October 10, 2005

communism


I have been freelancing at BrandStorm Inc. for a month now. The job is not as demanding since I am only freelancing; but I am juggling 2 jobs and it can be draining at times (my only day off in the week is Sunday). Freelancing has spiced up my daily routine and I actually don't mind the drive time (1 hour commute on the hustle and bustle of the 405 south). The company is located in the border of Los Angeles and Century City. It was hard to adjust at first, but I am adding experience in my resume and portfolio, so I have the motivation to stick with it. The neighborhood is eclectic and filled with mom and pop restaurants that are great to lunch in on a sunny day in L.A. One place I have been going to is Cafe Brasil. The lunch special is decent in price and the food is delicious. I just love the vibe of the place. The environment is shabby chic/brazilian ( I would imagine...never been there). Walking around the hood', you can find the odd apartment buildings with strange paint selection. Repetition of puke torquoise can conjure up images of Communism, hence my title. Let me see If I can survive my new work schedule and I will update my website once I finish some designs that I have been working on.

No comments: