Friday, September 2, 2011

nyc in the summer

When you want to feel the heat of summer, travel to NYC and experience the humidity.  It was sticky hotness and getting around the underground was not my cup of tea.  Nevertheless, I did enjoy my short time of wandering aimlessly around the city and getting in some art and fashion too.
My sis and I stayed at this hip place the Ace Hotel.  We would never consider staying at this hotel since it's so darn pricey, but Gilt has these amazing deals that you can't pass up.  The place fit the mood of NYC by the bold mural on the wall to the little details of the iron board and desk accessories.  It's not a bad set up since Opening Ceremony is right next door and Stumptown Coffee Roasters, yum!
I love these odd rings and bracelets from Opening Ceremony and coffee art.  It's also refreshing to find random things that make a neigborhood stand out, like this beer drinking shark.  While taking a breather from the heat, we went to this bookstore to read some mags and flying books were on the ceiling, inventive, yes!
We also stopped by at Dean and Deluca and sampled a selection of cheese and Owl beer.
I channelled the 80's when the subway was passing by and brunch food @ Cafe Gitane.  The dish of kous kous with hummus and sausage on the side, delish.
A trip to NYC would not be complete without some cocktails with our friend K_la @ the lobby of our hotel.  I also adore the decor of the place from the comfy leather couches, taxidermy and cow rugs.
Chin chin!

To be continued...

No comments: