Sunday, June 4, 2006

weekender

Saturday
My sister has been wanting us to see this great view of L.A. from a tower near the Encino Area that used to be owned by the military.  During Word War II, they used the tower for a look out station.  There were still some remnants of military signage and resting areas. The hike was not strenuous at all.  My sister said it was easy, so I believed her since she is not the atheletic type.  My sisters, cousin Emma, and new friend caught the sun setting on the hottest day of the season...


Military stuff

L.A.'s water reserve...conserve your water folks!



Why is it blurry? L.A. smog, invest in the "it" car, veggie oil powered vintage benzs!

Sunset please...it's good to live in L.A.

Sunday


It's good to have a sister who seems to recieve great emails from fashionistas all over L.A. to alert her of a great deal.   There was a sample sale in the No Ho distribution center for Stila Cosmetics.  We figured.. okay.. there going to sell some color lip gloss that nobody wants and just a little table... but no ladies... it was make up galore!  There were rows and rows of lip glosses, eye shadows, gift boxes, name any foundation, shimmer lotion they got it!  Wholesale prices! Usually those lip glazes are at least 16 bucks, but at the distribution sale... 4 dollars! O my goodness!  We went crazy.  I would have indulge in foundation and bronzing products, but I never got my numbers at the Stila counter.  It would be useless to buy that stuff when it doesn't match your skin tone, and anyways, I know myself enough that I am a lip gloss, low maintenance type of gal.  I also scored a great eyebrow masacara (3 bucks)!


I had a great weekend!  I rarely have it off, so it was refreshing to go out catch another beautiful L.A. sunset, and to my surprise scored on bargain beauty products.

No comments: